Monday, August 6, 2012

Our New Design Team Members

     We are so excited to introduce to you our new design team members!  I know you always read about how difficult the decisions were in selecting new DT members, but we had so many applications from superbly qualified people, I thought the selection committee was going to be flipping coins to make the final selections.  Hmmm, maybe they did.  :-D  We want to thank everyone who applied, and it wasn't easy to select only a small percentage of you.


     We also want to say a sad farewell to Deedee and Lauren, who piloted the ship with us for more than a year.  It won't be the same without them, but we also understand that life flows and changes are inevitable.  Lauren and Deedee, we wish you the absolute best.  We're hoping to see you around now and again, maybe playing in our challenges, but certainly in blogland.  Thank you for all you did!


     Our dear Cely is going to be on leave for a few weeks, and we're looking forward to having her back.  Finally, we are welcoming back our founding member, Kim, who had to take some time off last year!  We're so happy to have her back at the helm, and really look forward to her inspiration and guidance!


Now, to introduce the newest members:


Berni:




I love to design for the weekly Sketch Challenge on The Outlawz Challenge site, monthly for the Avadares Challenge, am a Team Leader at Jackson Digital Expressions, and I'm so excited to be joining Tuesday Throwdown.  I love to design and send cards to overseas soldiers through Operation Write Home.   (Editor's note: Berni's cards have been featured and she has won many awards for her lovely designs.)






Bev:


I am Beverly Cole, but everyone calls me Bev. I'm a transplant from Connecticut to Florida, via upstate New York. That is where I met my husband, George. We have been married for a whole 5 years now. I have 3 daughters and four grandchildren up north...and one on the way! I miss them all terribly! George makes sure I visit when I can. 

I am self-employed as a gardener. I only work outside when it's early...and cooler, so I have afternoons to do what I love most...paper crafting!  I have been artistic all of my life. I did drawing, silkscreening, woodcut printing, and oil painting early on, and it all translates well into paper crafting


I have crafted for many years; crotchet, knitting, cake making, and now card making.
I have three (adult) chilren,one grandson and two beautiful grandaughters.
I started my blog after being bullied into it by my son's partner and now, I'm addicted !






Christine:                           


Hi everyone my name is Christine.  I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful man.  I have 2 kids, Josh and Kayla, and they will start high school tomorrow. I also have a furry son named Jack.  I have been crafting since I was a child.  I drove my mother nuts on craft and art supplies.  I revieved an Associates Degree in Art and Commercial Advertising. I work a full time job at a furniture company, sewing custom pillows.  Cannot wait to see your wonderful entries into our challenges.







Jacqueline    


                         Jacqueline found herself indisposed right after being
                         invited to the team and we'll be posting her photo and 
                         bio next week.




When they asked me for a short bio, I told them the smallest and quickest would be, " I love making cards!"

A bit more would include: I am 62 (for another few days.)  I have been making cards just now and then for about 5 years.  Last February, I started my blog, and boy have things escalated.  I am retired from the NHS (National Health Service.)   My favourite things in card crafting are: Promarkers, Spellbinder Dies, lots of flowers and lace/ribbon.




I'm Larelyn, a mom to two grown daughters and wife to a special man who just shakes his head each time UPS comes to the door or I walk in with lots of bags after a crafting excursion - which is often.  I've been papercrafting for almost 4 years but have always enjoyed crafts of some kind: sewing, tole painting, knitting, and crocheting. Now that I'm retired, cardmaking has become my passion and I've become a Copic "fan"atic!  Love, love, love my markers.  I am so thrilled to be a part of Tuesday Throwdown.  I hope my designs will encourage your creative efforts.


My name is Tabitha Davis. I grew up in Oregon and could not wait to travel the world. As soon as I could, I joined the Navy (even thought the rest of my family was/is part of the Air Force). The Navy gave me the career I wanted; being in the dental profession.  After my military career, due to some medical problems, I could no longer work, but creative things fill the time.  I now live in Las Vegas, and cook, bake, make cards, scrapbook, blog, sew, or anything else that is creative.  I have an amazing husband and two little dogs.  I stay very busy and I like that.  I am so happy to be a part of the Tuesday Throwdown team. 



I'm an accountant, working full time and a mother of 4 great kids.  I have an amazing husband who understands that in order to keep my sanity through all that, I need to craft.  ;) I live in Quebec, Canada, so a lot of my crafting is done with French sayings.
I have been crafting for over 21 years and tried my hand at all kinds of techniques over the years.  I'm new to the blogging world.  I started blogging last March in order to join challenges.  I became totally hooked !  I can't believe this world existed and I only found out about it now.  I see blogging as a wonderful opportunity to improve my card making abilities.  Through the web I get to meet amazing people from all over the world and learn from them.  


I am 54 years young, live in Tauranga, New Zealand, with my husband, Doug, and our kitten “Sparky.”  We recently moved back from Australia and I am presently volunteering 2 days a week at the local hospice shop.

My creative passions include most anything papercraft related, including cardmaking, rubber stamping, digital stamps, scrapbooking, altered art, art journaling, off the page items, canvases.  I also enjoy cross stitch, knitting and I am just starting to make my first sewn quilt.



   
  Are we a truly international DT or what?  Tuesday Throwdown is going to have two teams now who will alternate challenge weeks, although the challenge will remain a weekly challenge.  As we post the cards they make, we'll link their names to their blogs so that you have the opportunity to check out all their work and follow them, too.  They'll also all be posted in the left column so you can find any one of them just by visiting here.

     Thanks again to all who applied.  We want to continue to see your work through our challenges.  Speaking of which, you still have a few more hours to enter this week's challenge and we'll be back tomorrow with our newest challenge.  See you then.  


No comments: